In this edition of Menehune Chef with Chef Amanda Smith, we learn how to make energizing bites without cooking.
Healthy Hawaiian Energy Bites No-Bake For On The Go:
• 1 cup old-fashioned gluten-free oatmeal
• 2/3 cup grated coconut (sweetened or not)
• 1/2 cup Tiny Isle Mac Nut Butter
• 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet cocoa nibs
• 1/3 cup local Hawaiian honey
• 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 sheet of Meli wrap to wrap your energy balls without baking (optional)
Mix everything. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
Coldness. Cover the mixing bowl with half of the Meli film and place in the freezer for about 25 minutes, or until the mixture is cooled. (This will help the mixture to stick more easily before the rolling process.)
Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
To serve. So enjoy immediately! Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Mac Tiny Isle Nut Butter, order on Instagram: @tinyislekauai
for more great recipes and follow Amanda on social media @menehunechef